Microsoft giant Surface in Trafalgar Square
- Date 24 October 2013
- CategoryExperiential Marketing
When we were challenged to build not only a giant, but working tablet to celebrate the launch of the new Mircrosoft Surface 2 how could we possible say no! With a little less than a 2 week lead time to design, programme and build the incredible 27-foot-wide, 17-foot-tall Surface 2 in the centre of London.
Trafalgar Square is now dominated by the huge tablet, which really works. The giant display is connected to a regular Surface 2, but has a smart keyboard which is able to control the display. Kids have been jumping on the tablet to control it, and you can even post Tweets by hurling yourself on the keys.
Local rapper and bonkers gentleman Dizzee Rascal is on hand for the PR stunt too, which marks the launch of the neat-looking Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2.
- Microsoft Builds 27-Foot Surface 2 In Trafalgar Square (PICTURES) (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- Mcrosoft erects a 383-inch Surface tablet in the center of London (theverge.com)
- Microsoft Builds 27-Foot Surface 2 In Trafalgar Square (PICTURES) (halyardconsulting.com)
- Just how much will Microsoft Surface cost? (reviews.cnet.com)
- Giant Microsoft Surface 2 Tablet Lands In London (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Microsoft’s least portable tablet ever: 27ft wide and 17ft tall Surface 2 lands in central London (thenextweb.com)